What will make "me" marketable to employers?
Your degree or certificate isn't the only thing that equips you to find a good job. There are 3 keys to opening career doors:
A Simple Formula
Degree + Skills + Experiences = Career Options
- Your degree
- Your skills
- Your experiences
While you're at Rogue Community College, you'll have many opportunities to gain the skills and experiences employers seek.
What skills and experiences do employers seek?
RCC certificates and degrees helps you develop the skills employers prefer. Think about the skills you have now, and the ones you may need to develop. Research shows the top skills employers seek:
- Ability to learn new ideas or skills quickly
- Ability to work on a team (collaborate well with others)
- Analytical skills and critical thinking abilities
- Communication skills (written and oral communication)
- Computer skills/technical skills Creativity
- Interpersonal skills (relate well with others)
- Leadership skills
- Organizational skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic
Part of your career exploration is to identify activities and skills you like and dislike for future careers. Student employment, campus involvement and volunteering will provide you the opportunity to build your skills and experiences for your resume and to be Rogue Ready.
- Classroom studies and a college degree
- Off-campus studies
- Athletics - participation in teams, extracurricular activities or intramural sports
- Associated Student Government of Rogue Community College (ASGRCC): ASGRCC coordinates student activities and events, maintains clubs and organizations, represents the students to the college administration, and keeps abreast of political issues. Consider volunteering or holding an officer position for a tuition stipend.
- Networking and relationship building
- Student Clubs and Organizations or professional associations: Student clubs and organizations are a great way to meet new people, learn to work in groups, get involved around campus, learn leadership skills, and form lasting friendships with others who have similar interests.
Work and Volunteer
When you're ready to look for a job:
RCC Career Services offers many resources. We help you with job-search strategies, resume critiques, and mock interviews. You can also explore careers and college majors through our many links.