Rogue Community College
Rogue Community College
Phone Search Menu Search

Frequently Asked Questions

When and where is the commencement ceremony going to be held?
Saturday, June 17, 2017, beginning 7:00 p.m. to approximately 9:00 p.m. at the Marjorie Holzgang Concert Bowl on the Redwood Campus. See Important Dates for Graduates and Get the Most Enjoyment out of Commencement.

As a graduate, do I have to wear a cap and gown to participate in the ceremony?
Yes, to participate in this ceremonial event, you must be robed. Please visit the RCC Bookstore website beginning February 1 to order your cap and gown set.

How do I know if I am eligible?
Students who have applied for graduation and received a message in their Communicator tab of Degree Audit which states they are eligible for the 2017 ceremony may participate. I need to take a couple of courses this summer term before I will officially graduate.

May I attend this spring’s Commencement Ceremony?
Students who plan to meet all degree requirements by the end of summer term 2017 may participate in Commencement. To determine your eligibility for participation, you must submit a graduation application.

Last year I was scheduled to participate in the commencement ceremony, but something came up and I did not go. May I attend this year’s ceremony?
Students may only participate in the Commencement year listed in their Degree Audit Communicator tab.

Will my name be listed in the program if I don’t participate in commencement?
Yes, if you complete the Graduation Application by April 3 and are approved your name will appear in all Commencement publications.

What time do I need to be at commencement and how long does it last?
5:30 PM Mandatory check-in. Details will be emailed in May. 6:15 PM Line up next to the H Building, in the order of arrival (First come first serve, no holding places).
7:00 PM Commencement Ceremony begins. Procession in to the Marjorie Holzgang Concert Bowl.
Approximately 9:00 PM Commencement Ceremony ends.
Reception begins for graduates and guests in the Student Center. Cake and light refreshments are served at the Reception however; students and guests should eat prior to the ceremony.

Will my name be read during the Ceremony?
Yes, you must check-in at 5:30 on the day of commencement to receive a card with your name which will be read as you walk across the stage.

Do my guests need an invitation to attend the Ceremony?
No, you may purchase announcements at the bookstore to notify friends and family of your accomplishment, but your guests do not need to have an announcement to attend the ceremony.
See Get the most enjoyment out of Commencement for seating information.

When will I get my degree/certificate?
Degree/Certificates will be processed once all grades are confirmed and accounts are paid in full. You will receive your degree and /or certificate in the mail 8-10 weeks after all grades are submitted. Make sure that you keep your mailing address in myRogue up to date at all times to insure your degree or certificate is mailed to the correct address. In the event you did not complete your degree, you will receive an email stating the courses you are deficient.

When will my degree and/or certificate be notated on my transcript?
Degrees/Certificates will be notated on RCC transcripts approximately 4 weeks after all grades are confirmed and accounts are paid in full.