Financial Aid and Student Employment
Two types of student employment are available at RCC: Federal Work Study and Learn & Earn.
How do I get a Work Study Job?
- You must have received an Award Letter or Eligibility Notification from RCC and have unmet need of at least $1,100.
- You must be registered for a minimum of 6 credits in a certificate or degree program and have at least a 2.0 GPA.
- View the current job openings online.
- Apply for a position. Participate in the interview process. Get hired, complete employment paperwork with Student Employment Services.
- Your employer submits paperwork with student employment services. The Financial Aid Office will confirm eligibility then issue an updated award letter reflecting earning potential. You will be awarded work study money only after a department hires you for a work study position.
- If hired, your supervisor submits paperwork to Student Employment Services. The Financial Aid Office will confirm eligibility then issue an updated award letter reflecting earning potential.
- If hired, take your Federal Work Study Contract and your Begin to Work Agreement to Student Employment Services (SES).
- Complete the necessary employment paperwork with SES prior to starting work ( includes I-9, W4, FERPA, and Confidentiality forms, plus online Orientation and Hazardous Materials online test.)
Learn & Earn Jobs
Learn & Earn positions are available for students not eligible for Federal Work Study. Earnings are NOT considered financial aid. You must be registered for a minimum of 6 credits and maintain at least a 2.0 GPA to qualify for and maintain eligibility for a Learn & Earn job.
Have More Questions About Student Employment?
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Barb McAuley