Satisfactory Academic Standing and Progress
What is Satisfactory Academic Standing and Progress?
You are considered to be in good academic standing at Rogue Community College if you maintain at least a 2.0 grade point average (GPA) each term and a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 and/or successfully pass 50% of credits attempted, earning A, B, C, and P grades.
- $$ Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements for financial aid eligibility and
- RCC Satisfactory Academic Standing and Progress are two independent policies.
Why am I on Academic Difficulty?
You are placed on academic difficulty if your term or cumulative grade point average is below 2.0, you do not successfully pass at least 50 percent of your credits, and/or you do not complete the same course two or more times. There are three levels of academic difficulty:
Who can help me get back on track?
- You make the choice to attend college and achieve your education, career and life goals. You have what it takes to be a successful college student.
- RCC Counseling Staff offer a variety of services to help you get back on track after a difficult term.
- Academic Advisors help you create education plans that can lead to success. Advisors can assist in making informed decisions regarding your education, career and life goals. Students meet with advisors in their program of study.
- Teachers want you to succeed at Rogue Community College. Talk to teachers about your progress and concerns.
DON’T GIVE UP!!
Most of the time a student who returns after a difficult term succeeds in the future.