Rogue Community College
Rogue Community College
Phone Search Menu Search

Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer Degree - Education/Elementary Interest


Please note: Students planning to transfer to Southern Oregon University in Elementary Education should enroll in the articulated AS Elementary Education program while at RCC, rather than the AAOT.

Students interested in teaching at the middle school or high school level need to select an AAOT Interest Area in the subject area they would like to teach, then major in that subject area at the University level for the Baccalaureate degree, completing their teaching requirements through the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program at a University.

Associate of Arts/Oregon Transfer Degree

A total of 90 credits are required to complete the Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer (AAOT) degree and the courses listed below are only meant to serve as a guide of recommended choices within categories required in the AAOT framework. See the AAOT graduation guide for full degree requirements. It is recommended that a student also consult with the transfer college of choice regarding specific prerequisites since requirements for an education-elementary major vary at each university.

Students applying to the Master of Arts in Teaching program (MAT) are required to complete the following:

  • Twelve (12) credit hours in Science, with at least one course in a Biological Science (Biology, Botany, Zoology, Anatomy/Physiology), and one course in a Physical Science (Chemistry, Physics, Geology, Astronomy). Students should refer to the AAOT science sections to review these course options.
  • Twelve (12) credit hours of Language Arts– with at least one course in English literature, one course in Writing, and one course in Communication.
  • Twelve (12) credit hours of Social science – one course in history, one course in geography and one course in behavioral science (Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology), and one course in History.
  • MTH211, 212, 213 Fundamentals of Elementary Math I, II, III
Oregon public universities offering degrees in this subject: