Rogue Community College
Rogue Community College
Phone Search Menu Search

Volunteers (AP-105)



Procedure: VOLUNTEERS (AP-105)
: Human Resources, Ext. 7017


The College works with a variety of volunteers for various jobs and special projects. “Volunteers” does not include work experience students. Work experience students will be covered under workers’ compensation insurance. Their hours should be reported to Payroll.

If you have a volunteer working in your department or division, follow the process below to assure all volunteers are accounted for and covered by RCC’s Volunteer Insurance Policy. It is not necessary to maintain time card records.

  1. Volunteer should complete and sign the Volunteer Agreement and Volunteer Letter prior to beginning their volunteer work for RCC. These documents can be found on the Human Resources website:
  2. Volunteer should get a copy of each of these documents.
  3. Supervisor must sign the back of the Agreement.
  4. Supervisor must forward a copy of the Volunteer Agreement, and the original Volunteer Letter to Human Resources, RWC – M. When both documents are received by HR, if the Agreement is signed by the supervisor and the volunteer, and the letter is signed by the volunteer, the volunteer will be covered under the RCC Volunteer Insurance.
  5. Supervisor should forward the original Volunteer Agreement to campus and/or department Volunteer Agreement contact for file. Contact Human Resources for a list of contacts.

The Volunteer Insurance Policy is meant to provide minimal accident-only coverage for RCC volunteers. The volunteer policy pays secondary to any person’s own medical coverage (unless the person does not have medical insurance). The policy has a limit of $25,000 per accident.

If a volunteer is working at an offsite location (not owned by the College) contact Human Resources (above).


Date Adopted: 07/25/2002

Date Revised: 01/06/2009