Rogue Community College
Rogue Community College
Phone Search Menu Search

Meet the Staff

Advising Philosophy

The RCC advising team concerns itself not only in facilitating career decisions, but also with developing the student’s behavioral awareness, interpersonal, problem-solving, and decision-making and evaluation skills. Academic advising is an integral part of the institution’s role in the total process of educating students.

Greg MillickGreg Millick
Athletic Academic Advisor

Hello, my name is Greg Millick. I am the Head Coach of the Men’s Soccer Team at Rogue Community College and Head Coach of the Rogue Valley Timbers of Boys U13 and Boys U14. I have been at RCC for 6 years. My education background consists of a Bachelor of Education from Gonzaga University, Spokane, WA and a Master of Science; Emporia State University; Emporia, KS.

My hobbies are soccer, basketball, tennis, anything sport related; watching and playing. I enjoy being at home with my wife when I am not working. She also is very active with me when we go hiking or working out. I have one pet at home, my dog is a Shibia Inu. He is 8 years old and his name is Steinbeck.

Rebecca SteenRebecca Steen
Academic Advisor

My name is Rebecca Steen and I have been working with Rogue Community College since 2017. I started working in education over 10 years ago in early education; since then, I have worked in elementary education, opportunity classrooms and in community college settings. I started my education at Feather River College in Northern California, where I also played soccer. I have since received my BA degree in English and am currently working on a M.Ed. in Health and Wellness, which will be completed in 2021. As a first-generation student, I made a lot of those ‘rookie’ mistakes while working through my college education. It is important to me to share my knowledge in navigating college to help new students complete their educational goals. 

“Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.”-Arthur Ashe

Nikki KoenigNikki Koenig 
Academic Advisor

My name is Nikki Koenig and I started working at RCC as a Student Services Assistant, while pursuing my education.  I loved working at RCC so much that shortly after graduating, I returned to Rogue to work in the financial aid department; that was over 10 years ago. While working at RCC I have worked in financial aid, admissions, and now advising.  I love helping students navigate through their educational endeavors.  One of my favorite days of the year is commencement when I get to see “my” students walk across stage receiving their diploma.

Outside of work I love to be outside, whether it is gardening, rafting, disc golfing, hanging out with friends or playing with the animals and kids.  I have horses, dogs, cows, koi fish, and pigs.  I look forward to continuing to grow both personally and professionally to make sure I am giving my students the best information possible.

Shannon Van Lehn

Shannon Van Lehn
Advising Program Coordinator II

Hello! My name is Shannon Van Lehn and I have been at RCC almost five years. I attend RCC and SOU where I earned my Bachelors in Psychology and went on to receive my Master’s in Public Administration from Capella University. I am a first-generation nontraditional student and a Southern Oregon Native, which is where I have continued to enjoy working in the community college environment where everyone has a diverse background and story. I enjoy the position of creating and adapting processes that best serve our students.

In my free time, I enjoy the outdoors and spending time with my friends and family. I love camping, taking out my canoe, biking and road trips. When I am not outdoors, I am usually working on renovating my house, playing games (especially darts) and finding live music and concerts.

Favorite Book: Other Voices, Other Rooms – Truman Capote
Favorite TV show(s): Wilfred or Schitt’s Creek

Karli Huntley
Karli Huntley
Academic Advisor

Hello, my name is Karli Huntley! I moved to the Southern Oregon area with my family in 2019 and have been with RCC for 6 months now. I earned my Associate of Social and Behavioral Sciences from Butte College in 2013 and a BA in Psychology from National University in 2015. My background in education, finance and customer service has led me to RCC as an Academic Advisor. My prior time spent in education in the community college system consisted of work in Disability Services, Counseling, and teaching. I am passionate about working alongside students during their academic career to help them find the right career fit, feel supported, confident and have the resources they need to be successful in their future endeavors.

Carla VillanuevaCarla Villanueva
Academic Advisor

Hello my name is Carla Villanueva and I have been at RCC for 7 years. I have worked in Adult Basic Skills, taught level 1 English Language Acquisition, and now advising at RCC. I was a first-generation student, I am bilingual in Spanish and I identify as Latina. I really learned how to love outdoor activities when I was doing my undergrad at the University of Oregon. I have my bachelors in Sociology with a minor in Spanish. I love Eugene!   

My hobbies include all outdoor things no matter what the weather. Rain, sunshine, or snow, I will be outside doing whatever activity I can. I love biking in my bright pink fixie, running, hiking, camping, backpacking, paddle boarding, swimming, snowboarding, if it’s outside I am there. When I need some down time, I enjoy listening to music and drawing or painting.

This is a little bit of me, I hope to learn a little bit of you and support you through your RCC journey, welcome to RCC.