Rogue Community College
Rogue Community College
Phone Search Menu Search

I am an employee and I want to complain about another employee

Title IX Sexual Misconduct complaints

student complaint against an employee

If you feel you have been the victim of sexual discrimination, harassment, or violence please use the procedures outlined on RCC's Title IX site.  If you feel your complaint maybe related to employment discrimination or harassment, please contact Human Resources and reference AP-028 Employment Practices and Equal Opportunity Employment.

The College supports and promotes a respectful work environment for all employees.  If workplace conflict occurs, employees are encouraged to work informally with their colleagues, supervisor, and Human Resources to resolve the issues involved.  Additionally, employees have access to the following complaint process.

General information and procedure(s) used to resolve disputes.

  • Employees are held to behavioral expectations outlined in AP-024 – Standards of Professional Behavior for Employees.
  • Your complaint should be reported to your immediate supervisor.  If you are not comfortable speaking with your supervisor regarding the incident(s), you may also contact your supervisor's manager, Human Resources at 541-956-7329, or a union representative as applicable.
  • Employees may also use the formal Grievance Procedures if they feel they have been subject to discrimination based on race, color, religion, ethnicity, use of native language, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.

It is important to:

  • Understand the process – work with Human Resources or a union representative.
  • Be prepared to share a proposed resolution.
  • Know the reports of unprofessional behavior will be taken seriously by supervisors and followed up on as promptly as is reasonably possible.

What the process will look like.

  • Interview with your supervisor and/or Human Resources to describe the complaint.
  • Providing information and any evidence for your complaint.
  • Although the process is confidential, is specific people are identified as potential causes for workplace problems, they will be notified of the specific issues or complaints as part of the investigative and resolution process.
  • If there is a specific complaint, the complainant's identity cannot be withheld from the person they are identifying as the source of the problem.
  • Violations of the standards included in AP-024 may be cause for disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.

How a decision is made to resolve the grievance.

  • Disciplinary action will be determined on a case-by-case basis depending upon the severity of the behavior.
  • Supervisors will review statements by both parties, provided evidence, whether the proposed resolution is within their ability to grant, and any other relevant information.

Conflicts that involve potential violation of a CBA, contract, or handbook, will be handled pursuant to the terms of the applicable agreement.  The dispute resolution process above may not be used to appeal personnel disciplinary decisions. Information regarding employee discipline can be found in the applicable CBA, contract, handbook, and/or progressive discipline manual.