Rogue Community College
Rogue Community College
Phone Search Menu Search

Community Resources

Listed below are some links to community resources for personal counseling. These sites are for informational purposes only and the goods and services neither represent nor are endorsed by Rogue Community College and/or its representatives.

COVID Related Updates

Southern Oregon Success - Community Resources
A list of businesses and services offering help and support during the COVID epidemic.

This page is being updated as frequently as possible. There are some links for general information as well as topic specific information. Please scroll down to review all the resources available.
211info connects Oregonians with a variety of health and social service organizations. Language interpreters are available by phone, text and email.
Call: 211 or 1-866-698-6155
TTY: Dial 711 and call 1-866-698-6155
Text: Your zip code to 898211
Mobile app: Search 211info

For general information about COVID-19 in Oregon, visit the governor's Oregon Coronavirus Information & Resources page.

Free mental health counseling with professional counselors remains an option for all RCC students. Counselors can help with a variety of concerns including stress management, anxiety, depression, PTSD, career guidance and much more. To set an appointment, email or call 541-956-7192 (Redwood Campus) or 541-245-7552 (Riverside).

Child Care
The Employment Related Daycare (ERD) program helps eligible low-income families pay for child care while they are working. Temporary COVID-19 related changes: ERD has been expanded to help families during this challenging period. DHS has eliminated copays and increased the income-eligibility limits. 

For assistance finding a child care provider, contact 211info for information and referrals. You can contact 211 through several methods. We recommend that you call, listen for the child care provider prompt, and speak with someone who can help meet your particular needs.
Call: 211  
Text: the keyword children to 898211 

Food Resources
Food resources in Southern Oregon:

  • Josephine County food bank resources 
  • Jackson County food bank resources 
  • Compassion Highway Project offers food, clothes and hygiene supplies at their outreach events at Hawthorne Park, 501 E. Main St., Medford:
    • Community Feed, every other Sunday (1pm); see the calendar for dates.
    • Street Outreach, Tuesdays and Friday (5:30pm).

Applying for SNAP:

Additional options to strengthen food security include the ability for families to use their P-EBT cards to make food purchases online through Amazon and Walmart as well as take advantage of the "Double Up Food Bucks" program.

Double Up Food Bucks allows you to get more fruits and vegetables when you spend your Oregon Trail Card SNAP dollars at participating farmers markets. It’s easy with Double Up Food Bucks! For example, if you spend $10 of your SNAP dollars at a participating farmers market, we will give you another $10 to buy more locally grown fruits and vegetables.

SNAP is now accepted for online purchases at and

Area schools and organizations are offering free grab-and-go meals for children. Click the links for schedules and locations.

Oregon food resources:

Oregon Housing and Community Services

COVID-19 Eviction Moratorium: 5-Step Tenant Protections

SPANISH COVID Renter Protections

Gospel Rescue Mission (Josephine County), 541-476-0082

Hearts with a Mission: Youth Shelter for individuals ages 0-22
Medford Shelter: 541-646-7385
Grants Pass Shelter: 541-956-4190

Rogue Retreat (Jackson County), 541-499-0880, provides 5 different levels of housing and shelter to homeless individuals and families that get them out of survival mode and give them a stable foundation.

For women and children fleeing domestic violence in Jackson County:
Community Works offers support services and advocacy for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and homeless youth and their families. Call 541-779-2393 (ext. 209 for español) or 541-779-4393 for 24/7 crisis HelpLine.

For women and children fleeing domestic violence in Josephine County:
Women's Crisis Support Team (WCST) provides advocacy and intervention services 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and 365 days a year. If you need help, whether it be safety planning, information about restraining orders or safe shelter, or just talking about your next step, please call our crisis hotline at 541-479-9349. 

Illinois Valley Safe House Alliance: Call 541-592-2515. (After hours, call WCST at 541-479-9349.)


Josephine Community Transit (JCT) is waiving fares during the coronavirus outbreak.
Students may purchase discounted RVTD bus passes for $15 at the Transfer Station, 200 S. Front St. in Medford. Show a student ID or class schedule on your phone as proof of enrollment for the term. For current route information, visit

RCC Tutoring Services offers free tutoring to all RCC students. Tutoring will be online via Zoom video conferencing during the spring 2020 term. Hours are Monday-Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Fridays 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. E-Tutoring Online is also available 24/7 through RCC.

The following links provide access to lecture-based and online instruction:
Khan Academy
Just Math Tutorials
Educational Portal

Filing for Unemployment: COVID-19 is having a decided impact on our economy, and the employment of many of our students. Information on filing for unemployment can be found here: Oregon Unemployment Insurance.

The Oregon Employment Department provides helpful information about unemployment insurance and links to file your claim.

Training Unemployment Insurance (TUI) allows eligible dislocated workers attend school and receive Unemployment Insurance benefits at the same time so they can continue to care for their families and obtain employment. The program does not pay for the training, but removes the work search requirements from your weekly claims while you attend school fulltime.​

WorkSource Oregon provides helpful links for job seekers and employment services.

The Jobs Opportunity and Basic Skills (JOBS) program is the state's employment and training program for low-income families on Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).

The state provides a good roundup of General Utility Info (including internet, natural gas, electricity and bill assistance info) on the My Oregon News site.

Spectrum is offering free internet access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll, call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households. There is also a Spectrum Internet Assist program for eligible low-income households.

Bill Pay Assistance:

  • St. Vincent De Paul, 2424 North Pacific Highway, Medford; 541-772-3828.
  • Salvation Army, 304 Beatty St., Medford; 541-773-6965.
  • Salvation Army, 2960 Maywood Dr., Klamath Falls; 541-882-5280.
  • UCAN (United Community Action Network), 125 NE Manzanita, Grants Pass; 541-956-4050.
  • Jackson county Fuel Committee for access to heating fuel

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) provides cash assistance to low-income families with children while they strive to become self-sufficient. Cash assistance is intended to meet a family's basic needs such as food, clothing, shelter and utilities. Most cash benefits in Oregon are issued via an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card. This is also known as an Oregon Trail Card.​​​​​

Veterans Resources
Veterans Crisis Line 
Call: 1-800-273-8255 and press 1
Text: 838255 
Connect online 
Support for hearing impaired: 1-800-799-4889 

Veterans Helping Veterans Grants Pass provides a good list of local resources.

Other resources not listed
The Governor's Office provides links to helpful resources around the state.


211info can help you find services and answer your questions about Coronavirus
Call: 211 or 1-866-698-6155
Text: your zip code to 898211 (TXT211)
Hours: 8 a.m.-11 p.m. daily