Rogue Community College
Rogue Community College
Phone Search Menu Search

COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Fund

Fondo de Asistencia de Emergencia COVID-19

Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act

Fall Term 2021

Continuing our support for students who have been adversely affected by the coronavirus pandemic, Rogue Community College distributed $651,000 in funding from the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) of 2021 to eligible students enrolled at RCC for fall term 2021.

The college will distribute an additional $610,651 in funds to students enrolled in summer term 2021.

As part of the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act 2021 (CRRSAA), the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II) provides colleges with funds to award grants for their students—even if they are not on federal financial aid.

The CRRSSA can be used for any component of the student's cost of attendance or for costs that arise due to the hardship of the coronavirus, such as tuition, food, housing, health care or childcare.

You do not have to pay back funds you receive from COVID Relief Grant III.

Am I eligible to apply for COVID Relief Grant III?
To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements:

• Experienced a hardship due to the impacts of the Coronavirus;
  • Enroll in an RCC course for at least 1 credit, or an RCC noncredit course for at least 10 contact hours;
  • Enrolled at RCC for one of the above as of the third week of the term.

How much am I able to receive from COVID Relief Grant III? 
Students enrolled in fall term 2021 may be eligible for up to $1,000 on a first-come, first-served basis until funds run out. Eligible students who applied and were enrolled in spring term 2021 received grants of up to $500. 

How do I apply for COVID Relief Grant III?

Fall 2021: Please fill out the Fall COVID Relief Grant III Application

How do I receive my COVID Relief Grant III?
COVID Relief Grant III disbursements will be issued to your BankMobile account approximately the fourth week of term, or within approximately 10 days of receiving the award notice, whichever is later.

We will help you set up an account through BankMobile.
Please email star@roguecc.edu for assistance.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can non-credit students receive a COVID Relief Grant III?

Yes, if you meet eligibility requirements.

• Experienced a hardship due to the impacts of the Coronavirus
  • Enroll in an RCC course for at least 1 credit, or an RCC noncredit course for at least 10 contact hours.

I am undocumented and/or a DACA student. Am I eligible for COVID Relief Grant III?

Yes

Do I have to qualify for Federal Financial Aid to receive these funds?

No. However, Rogue Community College encourages all students to apply for aid—it's free!

Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Do I have to be a full-time student to be eligible?

No. You just need to be enrolled at RCC in any credit or noncredit course.

I have received some type of emergency funds in the past, am I still eligible?

Yes. You are still eligible to receive these funds even if you have received any type of emergency money in the past.

I'm enrolled at RCC and at another college/university. Can I request the COVID Relief Grant III from both schools?

Maybe. Each school has their own eligibility. You must complete the application listed above to qualify at RCC. You will need to contact your other school to see if you qualify for their COVID Relief Grant III program.

How will I know if I was awarded the COVID Relief Grant III?

We will contact you by text or email, whichever you chose as your contact preference when you applied.

I have charges on my RCC account. If I am awarded this grant, will these charges be paid using this money?

It is up to you!

If you want RCC to apply this $1,000 grant to your charges, select YES on the application when we ask “Do you want these funds to be directly applied to any outstanding RCC charge (Tuition, Fees, Books)”?  If you select NO, the refund will go to your BankMobile account.

Please be sure to set your refund preferences at BankMobile so you receive any funds not used to pay for your charges.

You may not split up this money and have part of this $1,000 in COVID Relief Grant II money go to your charges and part to your BankMobile account.

Example 1. If you have $300 in charges to RCC, your charges will be paid and you will get up to $700 on your BankMobile account.

Example 2. If you have $1,200 in charges to RCC, you will have your $1,000 applied to your charges and you will still owe RCC $200.

More about the COVID Relief Grant Student Financial Aid Grant

RCC's COVID Relief Grant II and III allocation is $1.26 million.

One-hundred percent of this allocation goes directly to students who apply and are eligible.

Am I eligible to request a late drop that would remove all charges related to my summer enrollment?
No, if you awarded this grant, you are not eligible for a late drop, removing all charges related to the grant term.

Additional Questions?
We are available to assist you if you still have questions about the COVID Relief Grant III.

Contact us via:

Email: COVIDrelief@roguecc.edu
Phone: 541-956-7337