Rogue Community College
Rogue Community College
Phone Search Menu Search

Peer Coaches

Peer Coaches are working remotely and are available to assist you as we all adjust to the online learning environment. If you need support, please email us. We will respond as quickly as possible.

Amanda Huber

Amanda Huber
AHuber@roguecc.edu

Hello! I am starting my second year here at RCC, I have another 2 years here while finishing up my pre-recs and then will transfer to OHSU to finish my degree in Radiation Therapy. I originally started out as a student in the Student Success class and enjoyed it so much that I became a Peer Coach!

I have had success with writing scholarship essays and am here to help if I can. I love helping folks get scholarship money for college! I have a lot of life experience and am always happy to share what I have learned to make your college experience better!

I have 2 teen boys, one who will be starting here in the fall. When I am not here on campus, I love to be outside hiking, backpacking and exploring all of the amazing places here in the PNW with my family and our two mini Aussie pups. If you want any recommendations for places to hike around the area, let me know and I can share some of my favorite places.

Hours:
Mondays - 10:15 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Tuesdays - 10:30 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.
Wednesdays - 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Thursdays- 10:30 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.

RaeLynn

RaeLynn Minton
RMinton@roguecc.edu

Hello to all, I have been at RCC since 2016 and I am now a recent Alumna. I graduated in June of 2019 with my AAS in human services and family support services. While attending RCC, I have been active in student government serving as the Diversity Coordinator for the 2018/19 academic year. I am continuing to attend RCC for this next academic year, 2019/20. I am involved in student government again as the Director of Activities, as well as a Peer Coach for the Student Success program. All while concurrently pursuing my bachelor’s degree online in psychology and sociology. My passion lies in serving others. I would love to help you reach your goals while navigating your college experience. I know college can be overwhelming and difficult at times; we have all been there! Let’s make the leap together towards achieving your goals! When I am not at RCC, I enjoy event planning, decorating, maintaining an organized home, crafting, spending time with my boyfriend, my niece and nephews, and exploring the great outdoors in the Pacific Northwest. I am a warm, outgoing person who is happy using my life and college experiences to best serve you!  Stop by the Career and Student Employment Services Center in L building and come meet me as your peer coach!

Hours:
Mondays - 8:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m.
Tuesdays - 8:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m.
Wednesdays - 8:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m.

photo coming soon

Sibbi Edwards
SEdwards@roguecc.edu

Hello fellow students!  I started at Rogue Community College in 2014. My initial course of study was for Occupational Therapy Assistant(OTA). Unfortunately, some life events took place and I was not able to enter into the program. After some time off I came back to school and completed all the courses required to earn my associates in general studies. Instead of graduating, I decided to continue my education and am currently enrolled in the Human Services program, as well as working towards becoming a Certified Alcohol/Drug Counselor (CADC).

My passion in life is to help people overcome barriers that prevent them from completing their personal, educational, and wellness goals. I am so excited to be a Peer Coach and assist students in achieving their success. When I am not studying or working, I love to be in nature. I am originally from Phoenix, Arizona and absolutely love Oregon for all the opportunities it offers for hiking, running, camping and rafting. I look forward to meeting you and providing any help I can to make your experience at Rogue Community College successful and fun.

Hours:
Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

Carolina Calderon

Carolina Calderon
CCalderonmartinez@roguecc.edu

Hello fellow students!  I am super excited to start this new journey as a Peer Coach for Student Success starting Fall 2019. I started at Rogue Community College in 2017, right after finishing my Nursing Assistant certificate at Pacific Training in Central Point. Since starting RCC, I have earned my phlebotomy license and currently working on my Associates of Art Oregon Transfer in Small Business Management. My ultimate goal is to open a hospice facility here in the Rogue Valley. My biggest passion is providing employment to our younger generation and a peaceful passing for our senior citizens.

I am a single mother of an amazing 9-year-old son, Damian. We moved from California 4 years ago in search of better opportunities and quality of life. Moving to Oregon has been the best decision I have ever made. I have enjoyed every minute of my experience at RCC for the past 2 ½ years and I am ecstatic for this opportunity to help teach my fellow students how to navigate through all of RCC’s wonderful programs.

I look forward to meeting and working with all of you. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns. Let’s make this year the best so far.

Hours:
Mondays - 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Tuesdays - 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Wednesdays - 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Thursdays - 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Hank Smith

Hank Smith
HSmith@roguecc.edu

Hours:
Mondays - 9:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m.
Tuesdays - 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.