Rogue Community College
Rogue Community College
Phone Search Menu Search

April Hamlin, Director of Advising

April Hamlin

I am so excited to join the Student Services team at Rogue Community College!  Before coming to RCC, I worked at Umpqua Community College in a variety of roles in Adult Basic Skills, Grant Development/Fundraising, and Student Services; and at Washington University in St. Louis in Alumni Relations.  I have also tried my hand at several other careers including, playing piano and singing in a band, downhill mountain bike guide, fitness center supervisor, middle and high-school alternative school teacher, barista, and restorative justice practitioner.  I'm also a Massage Therapist! 

I graduated from Seattle Pacific University with a BA in Psychology and from Eastern Oregon University with an MS in Education.  Along the way, I completed the courses for my massage therapy license at Central Oregon Community College, earned a Career Development Facilitator Certificate at Clackamas Community College, and finished all the coursework in Wine Marketing at Umpqua Community College.  I love to learn, and I'm not finished!

When I am not working or going to school, you can find me reading children's stories, novels, and poetry, cooking multi-course meals, listening to podcasts, and volunteering in my community.  I am also the parent of a spoiled, 15 year-old, 6 pound fur-baby, Bubba Dean, who is at his happiest when he is sitting on my lap. 

I am a collector of other people's wisdom - and I love two parallel quotes from Marilyn Monroe, who said, "sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together" and Leonard Cohen, who sang, "There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in."   I think this is why I am so at home in a Community College - this is a place where better things continuously fall together and where even my imperfections are valuable.  I hope that you find a home at Rogue Community College!  I would love to hear about it!