Rogue Community College
Rogue Community College
Phone Search Menu Search

Sally Snyder, Assistant to the VP of Student Services

Sally SnyderThe pursuit of education has always been a passion of mine, quite possibly because both of my parents started out their careers as teachers, and were excellent inspirations.  I was even given my name, Sally, by my mother’s 3rd grade students from the Dick and Jane series. While at college, I focused on the study of people, earning my Bachelor of Arts degree in Theatre Arts and a minor in anthropology. 

The best lesson I ever learned in college had nothing to do with the lecture.  My professor, Jack Watson, noticed students anxiously checking the time.  He stopped his history lesson and proceeded to tell us that life doesn’t start when the bell rings.  It doesn’t start Friday night, or at the end of the term, or when you graduate, or get married or land a great job or have kids - or at any other life event.  Every moment is precious.  Life is right NOW.  Don’t miss it!

The purpose of life is to discover your gift.
The work of life is to develop it.
The meaning of life is to give your gift away.  – David Viscott

My mission in life is simple: to serve.  I receive tremendous satisfaction by aiding others, especially those whose voice needs help lifting.  Outside of work, I enjoy time with my 2 boys hiking, reading, and eating good food that we cook together.  We appreciate watching all types of performing arts.  I volunteer with my Rotary Club, the library, and the Humane Society.  I try to make life as fun as possible, and I encourage you to do the same!