Rogue Community College
Rogue Community College
Phone Search Menu Search

If You Have Been Victimized

If you are in an emergency situation call 911; Your safety is the most important thing.

If you have been assaulted:
  • If you have been victimized and wish to report to RCC you may email You may also contact a Counselor or a Title IX Coordinator.
  • Find a safe place away from your attacker.

How you proceed is up to you.  Some options to consider:

  • Calling 911.
  • Seeking Medical Assistance:
    • Even if you do not think you have any physical injuries it is important to make sure that you are OK and to discuss any risks of sexually transmitted infections or pregnancy.
    • A Sexual Assault Nurse Exam (SANE) allows you to be in control:
      • You decide who is in the room with you.
      • You decide if the assault will be reported to the police.
      • You decide if evidence will be collected.
      • You decide if the evidence collected will be turned over to Law Enforcement.
        • Evidence can be stored and turned over to Law Enforcement if you decide to report later.
      • SANE examiners are available at (go to the emergency room and say you are there for a Sexual Assault Exam):
        • Ashland Community Hospital
        • Rogue Regional Medical Center
        • Providence Medical Center
        • Three Rivers Medical Center
          • 541-472-7000
          • 500 Southwest Ramsey Avenue, Grants Pass, OR 97527
  • Preserving evidence of the incident.
    • Do not bathe or wash.
    • Do not clean up the area where the crime occurred.
    • Keep torn or soiled clothing.
    • Photograph your injuries.
  • No matter what you are feeling you are not going crazy.
    • Sexual abuse survivors often second guess themselves.
    • It is important to get professional help to assist you in understanding these feelings and moving forward.  Please see our Advocacy and Resources page for options on campus and in the community.
  • Remember that healing is possible.
    • It is normal to feel alone and powerless – Please see our Advocacy and Resources page for information on how you can get help.
      • Guilt, shame and fear are also common feelings. – Remember what happened is not your fault.
    • Recovery takes time but there are a number of things that can help.
    • Seek professional and personal support.

If you are a student and need accommodations to successfully engage in this process, please contact the Disabilities Services Office. On the Redwood Campus, Building W (Library), 541-956-7337 or at the Riverside Campus, Building B, Room 9, 541-245-7537. Table Rock Campus students, please contact the Riverside Disability Services Office. The Disabilities Services website is:

If you are an employee or volunteer and need accommodations to successfully engage in reporting a Title IX issue, please contact Human Resources at 541-956-7329.