Rogue Community College
Rogue Community College
Phone Search Menu Search

Southern Oregon University Physical Therapy (pre-professional)

Southern Oregon University
Physical Therapy (pre-professional)
Degree: Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science

Required Courses

University Requirement RCC Equivalency Credits
USEM 101, 102, 103 University Seminar  Wr 121,122 English Composition I, II and
Sp 111 Fundamentals of Public Speaking 
BI 211, 212, 213 Principles of Biology I, II, III w/lab  Bi 211, 212, 213 General Biology I, II, III w/lab  12 
MTH 111 Precalculus I College Algebra  Mth 111 College Algebra
PSY 201 General Psychology I or PSY 202 General Psychology II  PSY 201 General Psychology I or PSY 202 General Psychology II 
HE275 Health and Society II HE 250 Personal Health
HE252 First Aid and Safety  HE252 First Aid/CPR 

1. Students may earn a BS or BA in Interdisciplinary Studies:Pre-Physical Therapy.

2. Students must meet with He/Pe advisor for program planning. Contact the department at 552-6236 to schedule an appointment.

3. Qualified students in physical therapy may apply to one of twelve schools in Washington, California, Utah, New Mexico and Colorado under the WICHE program. Students studying under such arrangements do not pay out-of-state fees.

Additional Requirements:
1. Students who are not completing the AAOT may want to consider the Oregon Transfer Module (see RCC advising guide) OR the SOU University Studies option. Click on the SOU general education link below for course requirements.

2. To be admitted as a transfer student, resident applicants must have a minimum 2.25 GPA in 36 or more credits of acceptable college work. A maximum of 12 credits of physical education activity and team participation credits may be used in meeting transfer admissions requirements.

3. A transfer student with fewer than 36 transferable quarter credits must meet freshman admission requirements.

4. Foreign language requirement - Post 1996 GED holders, as well as applicants who graduated from high school in 1997 or later are required to have completed (with a C- grade or better) two years of study in a second language OR two terms of a second language at the college level or achieved satisfactory performance on an approved second language proficiency assessment (ASL is acceptable).

NOTE: University requirements may change without notice. Students are responsible for working with RCC advisors or counselors and their transfer institution to ensure the accuracy of their academic plan.

Web Sites:
College Website
Major Website

Transfer Equivalency Website
SOU Catalog

Updated 8/30/17